About Dr.Fahim Khan
Qualifications:MBBS 1993 – (Rawalpindi Medical College)
FRCS (Surgery in General) 1998 – (Royal College of Surgeons Ireland)
MSc (Biomechanics) 2005 – (University of Limerick, Ireland)
FRCS (Trauma & Orthopaedics) 2007 (Royal College of Surgeons Ireland)
CSCST (Certificate of Satisfactory Completion of Specialist Training) 2008
Specialist Registration:General Medical Council UK (6162238)
Medical Council, Ireland (19695)
Pakistan Medical & Dental Council (25195-P)
Previous AppointmentsSept 2013 – Mar 2016 Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Cork University Hospital, Cork, Ireland.
Jan 2013 – Mar 2016 Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Mater Private Hospital, Cork, Ireland.
Aug 2012 – Jan 2013 Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Adelaide & Meath Hospital, Dublin, Ireland.
Nov 2008 – Aug 2012 Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Cork University Hospital, Cork, Ireland.
Jul 2008 – Sep 2008 Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Waterford Regional Hospital, Waterford, Ireland.
Postgraduate Studies:M.Sc (Biomechanics) Conferred: September 2005
Department of Physical Education & Sports Sciences (PESS)
Tutor: Dr Drew Harrison PhD (Biomechanics)
University of Limerick, Ireland.
Thesis: “Isokinetic dynamometry & thigh cross sectional area changes in the post operative era of anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction”
Publications:• Acute Good leg compartment syndrome
European Journal of Trauma 2001, 27:6-7 Khan F, Kapoor H.
• A rare misplacement of Central venous catheter
European Journal of Anaesthesiology 2000, 17: 527-528 Khan F, Khan F.
• A reply “control of central venous catheters”
European Journal of Anaesthesiology 2001, 18: 485-486 Khan F.
• Femoral neck ostectomy: an alternative to hip replacement in acetabular metastatic disease
Journal of Arthoplasty 2003, 18:221-223 Khan F, Masterson E.
• Osteoid osteoma: painful enlargement of the second toe
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2004 Jun;124(5):354-6 Sproule JA, Khan F, Fogarty EE.
• Altered signal intensity in the posterior horn of the medial meniscus: an MR finding of questionable significance.
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2004 May; 125(4): 267-71 Sproule JA, Khan F, Rice JJ, McElwain JP.
• Osteochondral fractures in the knee treated with Butyl-2-Cyanoacrylate glue – A case report
Arch Orthop Belgium. 2006 72(5): 641-633 Gul R, Khan F, O’Farrell D.
• A constant radiological sign in Bosworth ankle fracture
Foot & Ankle International . 2008. 29(1) Khan F, Borton D.
• Dislocation of primary total hip arthroplasty and the risk of redislocation
Hip International . 2012. Sep-Oct;22(5):500-4.
Brennan SA, Khan F, Kiernan C, Queally JM, McQuillan J, Gormley IC, O'Byrne JM.
• Neck narrowing in resurfacing hip arthroplasty: a vascular insult?
Ir J Med Sci. 2013 Jun;182(2):201-5
Brennan SA, Khan F, McQuillan J, O'Neill CJ, Kenny P, O'Rourke SK, O'Byrne JM.
Post Graduation Courses Attended:1. ATLS Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland. 1999
2. AO-ASIF management of fractures (Basic) Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland. 2000
3. Radiation Protection Course, Cork University Hospital, Cork. 2000
4. Instructional course in Paediatric Orthopaedics, National Children’s Hospital, Dublin. 2001
5. Basic Knee Arthroplasty Course Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh. 2002
6. Basic Hip Arthroplasty Course, Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh. 2002
7. Intermediate External Fixation Course, Ninewells Hospital, Dundee. 2003
8. 6th Current Principles & Controversies in Trauma, Royal College of Surgeons, Dublin. 2003
9. Surgical approaches to foot & ankle, Royal College of Surgeons, England. 2003
10. AO-ASIF Wrist fixation Course, Leeds, U.K 2003
11. Intermediate Knee Arthroscopy Course, Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore 2004
12. 4th Edinburgh International Trauma Course, Edinburgh, U.K 2004
13. Basic Sciences in Orthopaedics for FRCS(Orth), Robert Jones Hospital, Ostwestry, U.K 2005
14. Hand Course for FRCS(Orth), Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh. 2005
15. “The Arthritic Knee” , Cappagh National Orthopaedic Hosp. Dublin. 2005
16. Clinical Methods Course for FRCS(Orth), Robert Jones Hospital, Ostwestry, U.K. 2005
17. Upper limb & Hand Course for FRCS(Orth), Wrightington General Hospital, Wigan, U.K 2005
18. Basic Sciences in Orthopaedics for FRCS(Orth), Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham, U.K 2005
19. Clinical Orthopaedics Course for FRCS(Orth), Nuffield Hospital, Oxford, U.K 2005
20. Clinical Examination Course for FRCS(Orth), Norwich Hospital, Norwich, U.K 2006
21. Irish “Exeter Hip” Symposium, Cappagh National Orthopaedic Hosp. Dublin. 2008
22. The Bond Solon Civil Procedure Rules for Expert Witness, UK. 2011
23. Consultant Skills Course (ISC Medical), London, UK 2011
24. 13th Current Updates & Controversies in Trauma, Royal College of Surgeons, Dublin. 2011
25. 2nd Professional Competency Scheme Workshop, Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland. 2012
26. Advances in Technologies & Techniques: Triathlone TS, Edinburgh, UK. 2012
27. Advance Arthroscopy: Knee, Royal College of Surgeons, England 2012
28. The Advanced Knee – Triathlon, Cappagh Orthopaedic Hospital, Dublin, Ireland. 2013
29. The Triathlon Primary Knee Arthroplasty, Exeter, UK. 2013
30. Total Hip Revision Course, London, UK. 2013
31. Advanced Ankle Instability, Arthroscopy and Sports Injuries Course, Munich, Germany. 2014
32. Advanced Knee Surgery for Sports Injuries Course, Dublin, Ireland. 2014
33. Basic Life Support Training, Mater Private Hospital, Cork, Ireland. 2014
34. Fire Safety Training Course, Mater Private Hospital, Cork, Ireland. 2015
35. Triathlon TKR 10 year Anniversary Meeting, Limerick, Ireland. 2015
36. Hip Arthroplasty Infection Master Class, Dublin, Ireland. 2015
37. Train the Trainer Faculty Development Program, RCSI, Cork, Ireland 2015
38. Irish “Exeter Hip” Symposium, Cappagh National Orthopaedic Hosp. Dublin. 2016
39. Knee Arthroscopy Workshop Forum, Shifa International Hospital, Islamabad, Pakistan 2016
40. ICJR International Conference on Joint Replacements, Dubai, UAE, 2016
41. Basic Life Support Training, Shifa International Hospital, Islamabad, Pakistan. 2017